Hutchinson has reached an agreement with Airbus SE and Safeguard to acquire Speyer, Germany-based PFW Aerospace GmbH, a company which manufactures tubes, ducts, as well as structural assemblies and components for aircraft and mainly supplies Airbus and Boeing.
This acquisition will reinforce and accelerate Hutchinson Aerospace fluid management expertise to become a key player on the market.
PFW Aerospace GmbH employs 2,000 people and is located on 3 sites: the headquarters in Speyer in Germany as well as additional manufacturing sites in Izmir, Turkey and Nuneaton, Great-Britain.
The acquisition is subject to clearance from relevant authorities.
Hutchinson designs and produces customized materials and connected solutions to respond to the needs of its global customers, on land, in the air and at sea.
A global leader in vibration control, fluid management and sealing system technologies, our the Hutchinson-Group stands out with a multiple market offering spanning multiple areas of expertise and delivering synergies and value-added.
Hutchinson reported revenues of €4.1 billion in 2018 and has 44,000 employees in 25 countries. Their ambition is to contribute to safer, more efficient and more responsible mobility for the future.
PFW – Since 2011, Airbus SE has held 74.9 percent in PFW Aerospace, a key supplier in the aerospace industry, while Safeguard has held the remaining 25.1 percent.